Experience the "Showa Era" in Takayama's Showa-kan Museum!
Experience the Japanese culture of the era called “Showa” (1925 – 1988) in depth, including some facts even Japanese people don’t typically know!
- Time required
- To walk through the entire museum: 15-60 minutes.
For each hands-on activity: 1-10 minutes.
- Number of participants
- Up to 120 people at a time (Please contact us prior to your visit if your group has 20 or more people.)
- Available days
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily.
- Admission fees (800 yen for adults, 500 yen for junior/senior high school students, 300 yen for children age 4 and elementary school) include all activity fees.
- Making reservations
- A group discount is available for 20 or more people. Please make reservations prior to your visit.
- Many antique and valuable pieces are displayed in the museum. Please watch your children.
Flow of experience
- Purchase an admission ticket at the back counter of the mom-and-pop candy store at the entrance
- Enter the museum
- Follow the trail and find hands-on activity sections and see the fascinating attractions.
Facility info:Takayama Showa Museum Gallery
- 6 Shimo-ichi-no-machi, Takayama City
- A 15-minute walk from JR Takayama Station
Requests for enjoyable experience
- Please contact the facility directly for details and reservations in advance of the participation program.
- Please contact the facility about any changes to your reservation, as early as possible.
- Please arrange your own transportation to the program site.
- Program may be anavailable depending on the facility’s schedule. Please contact in advance to confirm program availability.
- Please note that details of these contents may change without notice.