Why don’t you try wearing a traditional kimono? Experience Japanese culture by going back in time and walking around the old part of Takayama.
- Time required
- 20 minutes for putting on the kimono
(The kimono can be worn all day.)
- Number of participants
- Available days
- By reservation only (Booking is essential—at least a day beforehand or earlier.)
- 4,500 yen for females and 3,000 yen for males
- Making reservations
- Available year-round
Flow of experience
- Listen to an explanation on kimonos & get fitted for a kimono (free hair arrangements for females).
- Take photographs and walk the streets in a kimono.
Facility info:akayama Zenko-ji Temple
- 4-3 Tenman-machi, Takayama City, Gifu Prefecture 506-0025
- 5 minute walk from JR Takayama Station
Requests for enjoyable experience
- Please contact the facility directly for details and reservations in advance of the participation program.
- Please contact the facility about any changes to your reservation, as early as possible.
- Please arrange your own transportation to the program site.
- Program may be anavailable depending on the facility’s schedule. Please contact in advance to confirm program availability.
- Please note that details of these contents may change without notice.