Takayama City Archives Museum
This building overlooking the Old Private Houses (Ichinomachi, Ninomachi, and Sannomachi areas) was used as the town and city offices from 1895 until 1968 (Meiji 28 - Showa 43). It is built with the finest Japanese cypress, and has numerous glass sliding doors dating from when glass windows were first introduced to Takayama.
4-15 Shinmeimachi, Takayama City
- Business Hours
8:30a.m. to 5p.m.
Open all year round
12 minute walk from JR Takayama Station.