At Takayama’s “Cha-no-yu no Mori” you can learn about traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony, and enjoy Japanese green tea. The museum has many pieces from local artists, as well as ceramic pieces.
- Time required
- About 1 to 1 and half hour
- Number of participants
- Up to 25 people at a time
- Available days
- Everyday except facility holidays, 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Reception is open until 4:00 p.m.)
- Teicha (tea service) at main hall: 1,500 yen
- Making reservations
- Reception every day, except facility holidays and Wednesdays (if Wednesday is a national holiday, reception is open). Closed for winter holiday (December through end of March).
- Visitor Parking: Free – Regular-sized car: 60 spaces, Large-sized car: 5 spaces
Flow of experience
- Observe an actual tea ceremony and learn about the tools of tea ceremony.
- Explanation of the traditional way of drinking of green tea
- Enjoy a cup of Japanese green tea.
Facility info:Art Forest
- 1070 Chishima-machi, Takayama City, Gifu prefecture, 506-0032
- 20 min. from Nouhi bus center at JR Takayama station by Sarubobo bus
Requests for enjoyable experience
- Please contact the facility directly for details and reservations in advance of the participation program.
- Please contact the facility about any changes to your reservation, as early as possible.
- Please arrange your own transportation to the program site.
- Program may be anavailable depending on the facility’s schedule. Please contact in advance to confirm program availability.
- Please note that details of these contents may change without notice.